Monday, March 17, 2008

Musical Geek-out Alert!

You should expect it fairly frequently now that I am living music more than I have since I started this blog. I went to my parents concert earlier today and really enjoyed it. It also reminded me why I am a music major. I LOVE CHOIR! They performed the world premiere of The Ballad of Jesse James, which was awesome. But, they followed it with a number of Americana octavos and one just freaking amazing piece called The Quest Unending composed by Joseph M. Martin. Can you say gorgeous! I am now obsessed. So I went through some of the music I have saved from choral festivals and my head for other pieces I just can't live without. So here is a partial list of choral pieces I adore. Remember, this is just a partial list, if you have any others to add let me know...but here you go

The Quest Unending; Joseph M Martin
Omnia Sol; Z. Randall Stroop
The Awakening; Joseph M Martin
Requiem; Mozart
Carmina Burana; Carl Orff
Requiem; Faure
It Is Well With My Soul; Phillip P Bliss, Arranged by Tom Fettke
Oh Magnum Mysterium; Morten Lauridsen
Lux Aurumque; Eric Whitacre(that is this video, I don't know which choir it is but I LOVE THIS ONE! especially the soprano sustained note for about 40 seconds!!!)
Alleluia; Randall Thompson
Ave Verum Corpus; W.A Mozart
There Will Be Rest; Frank Tichelli
Amor de mi Alma; Z. Randall Stroop
The Last Words of David; Randall Thompson
The Rune of Hospitality; Alf Houkom
Shanendoah; Arr. James Erb
She Walks in Beauty; arr, Tom Fettke
A Glimpse of Snow and Evergreen; Vijay Singh

This is possibly enough of a geek out for one night, especially since I have a psychology test in the morning. I hope you have enjoyed this especially geeky time with me. I personally had a lot of fun with it.

Amor, y Musica!

No comments: