Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kids! (What The Devils Wrong With These Kids Today!)

I am not blogging today about Bye Bye Birdie! I am writing about a problem I have; maybe it isn't so much my problem but a problem others see in me and I in them.

First of all, I love kids, always have, since I was a kid myself I would be drawn to babies and smaller children. I still am... I was interacting with a group of kids at a birthday party for my nephew and was shocked to hear...yet again "You are so great with kids, When are you going to start your family?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Just because I am no longer a teenager and I like kids is no reason for me to start a family.

I am so not ready for that. The plan is in place...well most of it: finish school, live life for a while, find someone, then...maybe have kids. I'm still not really sure I want to have kids. The thought actually frightens me. I am more than happy to change diapers and potty train and all that, but actually being responsible for someone else's life completely from beginning to adulthood just makes my stomach churn. Plus, I have always thought about adoption.

At this point in my life, it is not at the top of my list to have my future completely planned out in advance. Plans can change, but I am determined to put my education first. The same thing goes for dating as having kids....although without nearly the emphasis. I am not PLANNING on having a relationship, but if something were to happen I wouldn't fight it...just NO KIDS!!!

Love kids, just not today.

In other news, the weather was gorgeous today and I got to spend some of it outside! Woohoo for that.

There may be pictures to come of the Power Rangers Birthday Party. Otherwise known as massive crowd control and sugar...lots and lots of sugar.

I leave you with this final though taken from the save energy posters posted on the bathroom stall doors..Peace, love, and granola

No comments: