Saturday, December 2, 2006

So long and thanks for all the fish

Today marks the end of my series of videos, I hope you enjoyed them. I certainly did. These videos give you some idea of what happens in my head. OK, whatever.

On to bigger and better things

Last night I had this wonderful dream and it put me in mind of some of my goal-dreams that I had forgotten about. The dream went somewhat like this:

I was dressed up beautifully and someone behind me (stage-manager, I think) told me it was time to go on. It was at that point I heard a huge noise, there were sooooo many people cheering I could barely think. So I walked out on stage, and I saw the lights and the crowd, it was great. I saw a small band on stage as well, and we got started. As I watched, I performed for the longest time. I sang jazz songs and rock songs, ballads and dance tunes. Everything! and I rocked. It was the end of the set and I started to introduce the next song, which was a love song, and I was about to dedicate it to my wonderful Sanjib, when I heard a sound next to me. It was Sanjib, right there on the side of the stage. So I continued my intro and launched into the song. He was standing there smiling, and I was crying happy tears to have him so near. When I was finished I took a few bows and left the stage and entered my love's arms.

So not only was this a sweet dream about my darling, it was a dream about my music. My music got me through so many troubles, through school, and just life in general. I have always been singing, probably from in-utero as well as before I could form words. Singing is something I have been known for my entire life. It has always been my dream to be a professional singer, but it is always something I have been afraid to do. I always worry what people think, especially about my singing, since it is close to my heart and soul. What I sing, I feel. Even if I wouldnt normally feel and think things in the music, but it becomes true for me as soon as I sing it.

So, dreams may be prophetic, or maybe not, but I hope so.

1 comment:

sanjib said...

Dear kim,
I am so happy to read your blog today. I am not happy that you wrote about my name, i am happy because even in dream i am giving u a joy and its great for me.I want this from god as well to help me to give happiness to u all the time.
But to be honest i am not feeling well that these days i am not been able to give u much time as in the past. But i hope that u understand abt me and my job very well.
Keep smiling and i want to see tears in your eyes but those tears should be of happiness all the time.