Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Re-Hashing the Same-Old

Here I am at home doing the same things I do whenever I come home. Spend hours hanging around and doing absolutely nothing and boy is it nice. The thing is though, I really want to be working and out of the house a bit more. I have sent in a bunch of applications and now the waiting game begins...ah well. It isn't like I have anything better to be doing except watching daytime TV or cop shows all day.

I started rehearsals for Grease yesterday and I am uber-excited, you have NO idea. I seriously love to perform. Yes, I know, people that know my in real life may be surprised to hear that since I tend to come off as shy. It's true though, put me on stage and I am a happy camper(although camping has very little to do with acting). I do get stage-fright, but I have been learning to deal with it, and usually it is only on the day before I open and then the last ten minutes before I go on stage for any given performance.

My philosophy with acting is that I am given the opportunity to be someone else on stage and entertain people. If I mess up only a hand full of people will know and as long as I am prepared I generally don't mess up.

I still haven't gotten over my audition issues...I don't know that I will ever completely got over that. I'm pretty much OK with that though. I figure the first time I am cool and calm for an audition I know that I have lost the drive and the passion for theater or music. I don't really see that ever happening. In fact if it ever does I will know that there is something seriously wrong with me.

So it still hasn't quite sunk in that I will be here for a few months. I keep thinking that I will be heading back to school any day now and then reminding myself that I am stuck in St. Helens for the long haul. Although there are perks to being here
  1. Spending time with my sister!!!!! I have already mentioned how much I missed her.
  2. Grease! Enough said.
  3. Clayton and random adventures...fun fun! Like sushi or random walks and things of that nature
  4. Koko, my little squishy face.
  5. A double bed...oh yea!
  6. Car, although I probably shouldn't drive that much until I get back on the insurance...heehee

I just realized that I wrote just about the longest post ever... that I didn't copy and paste from something else. Whatever...

No comments: