Monday, May 19, 2008

More Political?

So Sunday I was able to go to the HUMONGOUS Obama rally in the Waterfront Park in Portland. We had gone in to church and were asked by the youth group leaders if we wanted to tag along. Which we did. So we spent about two and a half hours under the boiling sun with a huge number of other people. Our group was fairly small, my sister and brother, Peter and Melanie(the youth group leaders), Michael, and a state delagate from Idaho who was in town for our denominational conference meeting. He spent the whole time telling my sister and I how lucky we were to be around during this amazing time.

We know... But he was impressed by my knowledge of the candidates and that I had gone to the Clinton rally the day before. I thought he was kind of funny since he thought I would be an apathetic teenager, but was actually informed about the state of affairs in this country. Whatever!

So I though I was going to post pictures from both rallies but the Internet is being dumb so I will get to it again later

Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a very nice way to convey a hint of apathy. :^)

In a time when "The Media" has become so much tool for advertising (overt or covert), I think it strikes a nice medium to be "informed enough."