Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Day of Celebration

Today I am full of smiles and cheers for the state of California. Normally I spend time eye rolling and despairing over the decisions made by a fairly conservative government and a star Governator. But today I applaud and wish to hug the Supreme Court of California. They have decreed that denying gay marriage is unconstitutional. Oh yes!

I guess it may not surprise some that California would take this step before other states; California is the home of San Fransisco after all. But, I worried, as usual. Today at least for now I can hoot and holler all I want. I don't doubt that even now there are groups planning if not already taking action against this ruling.

Hooray!

In other news, today is my last full day here at Pacific. I will be moving out tomorrow and heading home. Finally. Don't get me wrong, I love it here. It is just that I am very attached to my family and my dog. Plus I need to recharge after a stressful time here. So goodbye Pacific (for now) and hello home!

Hope you all can enjoy the weather where you are, I certainly am!

No comments: