Saturday, May 17, 2008

Goodbyes and Handshakes

So I got in last night but I haven't set my computer back up yet so I will post pictures of today's adventures a bit later. Leaving school was a whole lot harder than I thought it would be. I had realized that I made good friends, but I hadn't realized just how attached I had gotten. With every wave and hug goodbye things got that much harder for me, I don't mean that I am all emo-depressed-like about it, I just noticed that it was hard.

Enough being emo for one day...

Today I had the opportunity to see Former President Bill Clinton speak. He came to Scappoose this afternoon and a friend got a call about an hour before we showed up telling him to come and that it was free. When we arrived there weren't that many people there which surprised me but that also meant we got to be very close to the action. In fact after his speech both of us got to shake his hand. Even during the speech we were probably about 15 feet away from him.

I haven't been to an event such as this before and it was really interesting to behold. The police presence wasn't as large as I expected but I was impressed by the fortitude of the Secret Service guys who wore full suits the entire time in the over eighty-five degree weather. Clinton took off his Suit coat partway through the event, barely int,o actually.

I will give y'all more dirt on the speech and other things later when I post the photos.

Ciao!

No comments: