Friday, June 16, 2006

The craziest day ever

For all those who have been reading yesterday was my last day of finals. Hooray! I had my acting final and went on home. I was so ready for a break, and sat on the couch for some well deserved rest. I recieved a call which sent me rushing in to pick up some fundraising materiels, which for those who dont know about the scrip center, it just under an hour away from my house. So i drive my little brown race car (thank you Ken and Allison) to the scrip center pick up the goods and head for home.
I had a rehearsal in St. Helens at 6:30, the time now was about 4:30, as a approached the exit for highway thirty of of I-405 the car refuses to accelerate all the idiot lights come on and all i can see is the huge semi looming in the rear view. So, i frantically look for a place to pull over, but in this section there is only about 6 feet on the side of the road so cars are now swerving to get around me as the car comes to a stop.
I call my dad frantically hoping that he isnt too far past on his way home. He started to rush to my rescue. Before he got there though, a friend from My Fair Lady pulled over to help, and about that time an ODOT truck pulled in behind me to get me and the car out of traffic. He ended up pushing the car with his truck all the way across four lanes of traffic, i think, it all is kind of a blur.
My dad showed up and we called AAA but in the process tried to start the car and heard an ominous banging sound and saw copious amounts of oil pooled in the engine, but none in the correct place.
We got the diagnosis today, the car had a catastrophic oil event, whatever that is, and now needs a new engine, so now we are deciding what to do with the little brown race care. So thought i would tell my few readers about my life threatening and frightening experience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no Kim!! I'll have to let Ken know. I'm so sorry!! :(

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! That's terrible!! I think there must be a great big battle between the forces of Good Luck and Bad Luck around you right now. For the car to break in that particular location: Incredibly BAD. For you to get out of it in one piece with some unexpected help: Incredibly GOOD!!