Sunday, August 24, 2008

Clarification and Clarity

I was asked a number of remarkably similar questions and given similar advise from various people after they read my blog or heard the story. So I have a rebuttal, sort of.

First of all, I didn't really know what I was drinking, at least that it was so strong... I should have asked I know, but I thought it was ok. I seriously didn't intend on getting so drunk, and I thought it was clear.

Second of all, I should have been eating to stave off some of the effects of the alcohol, I know, but as a poor defense, I wasn't buying anything... not drinks or anything.

Thirdly, Clayton would like me to make it absolutely clear that he is not an idiot for letting me get that drunk OR kissing me. In his defense, he says he just wanted me to have a good time, which I did, and have a great 21st birthday experience.

Lastly, I did have fun, alot of fun. The drag show was awesome and I had so much fun hanging out with Clayton. I just did not enjoy the feeling of having no control over myself and where my feet went.

Moving on...

I just moved back onto campus and I am already feeling better. I had been a bit depressed this summer, but being in my own space, in an environment that supports my drive to learn and grow has already lifted a weight off my shoulders. Classes start in the morning and I am so excited about the things to come in this school year, lets all just hope that I can hold it together. Luckily I thrive under pressure.

I am taking 18 credits and a handful of non-credit classes but all really exciting classes. They include: Introduction to US Politics(which uses Jon Stewart's America as a text), Physics of Everyday Phenomena, Acting 1: Fundamentals, Music Theory 1, Lessons in Voice, Concert Choir, Basic Conducting, Recital Attendance, Jazz Choir, Functional Piano, Woodwind Methods, and possibly Chamber Singers(if I get in). In addition to classes I am looking for a job and will be stage managing one of the main stage productions this year, and working with Lunchbox Theater. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

It is so great looking forward to the future and spending time with my friends. I just can't wait to get started.

Wish me luck!

No comments: