Monday, January 1, 2007

Back From the Beach, Full of Sniffles

Hello readers, I'm back from the beach where I was sick with a cold that kicked my ass. I could barely make a coherent thought let alone speak or enjoy myself until the last day we were there. Let me tell you, it was the worst trip to the beach I have had. I love the beach even when the weather is bad, so not to be able to enjoy it sucked big time.

When we first arrived we set up camp then went to bed. Apparently I was rolling around in bed all night and snoring, probably owing to the fact that my head was full of mucus that inhibited my breathing. This rolling and snoring disturbed the rest of the family. The next day the family went to pick up some groceries and do some other shopping in the Tillamook area, they left me sleeping on the couch taking Sudafed and Tylenol. That night we watched Fox and The Hound 2 and went swimming at the swimming pool.

The next day I pretended to feel better and the whole family went out to go shopping at the factory outlet mall in Lincoln City. I some necessities that I needed, shoes and pants. Neither of which I found, or I didn't find ones that I like, so.......... but I got a really cute shirt. Oh, and I got some new socks. Later that night we went swimming, but the pressure was too much for my head. I again snored throughout the night, not something I usually do, but I guess with a stuffed up nose I cant help it.

Sunday my family drove back to St. Helens so that my parent could go to their church. I remained behind, to hopefully be that much closer to wellness. No such luck. I hung out on the couch and watched 3 of the Harry Potter Movies although, I slept through most of them, not the Goblet of Fire. On their way back from home they picked up Becca's boyfriend. He stayed with us that night and hung out with us today. that night my snoring was not noticed, partially because I think it was better, and partially because we were exhausted after going to the lamest New Year's Party I've been to.

The music was too loud and it was really bad country music. Most of the people there were old people although there were a few annoying kids running around. The pounding of the horrendous sound made my head feel like it was going to explode. I'm not sure if it was because I was sick or if it was because the music just sucked. Besides the party we went to the beach and climbed on some rocks earlier in the day. It was way too cold to go into the water although I ended up getting my feet wet climbing around the rocks and though pool that are covered when the tide is in.

Today we broke camp and drove to Pacific City to eat at the Pelican. Oh man, they have the bast clam chowder I have ever had. That restaurant brews their own beer and root beer. Their beer is some of my parents favorite ever beer. The bought a case of it to take home. Becca ate our usual meal there, we share a personal pizza and each get a bowl of the chowder. After this trip we went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory for a tour and spent a lot of time hanging out there. Then we drove home and here I sit with a still dripping nose and a headache.

No comments: