Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Things I Have Learned

I have learned that I really dislike violence
There are tastes I do not enjoy
I have learned that as wacky as my family is...
well I fit it
I have learned that anger frightens me, especially in myself.
I will stay up all night with a good book.
I have learned that I am stronger than I thought and weaker than I would have hoped.
I have never been so alone and yet not lonely
I tried to teach myself organization but I lost myself along the way.
I have finally learned that I am a good person
I am just waiting to learn that I am good enough
I learned about waiting
I forgot about pain, then remember as I tumbled down again
I learned that tomorrow is another day and that each day is its own beginning
and cheesy as it sounds I have learned that in each beginning, an end, and each end, a beginning.
I have yet to learn what is around each corner or where my road will take me
I just know that I have finally learned to live within my own skin
I don't have to like it, I don't need to be happy, I just need to take it all as it comes.
I have no faith in the outcome or concrete goal to attain, I just know my path will lead where it will
No step is wrong, no stop is the end. My heart will take me to where I am meant to be.
I have learned some of the best encouragement comes from "strangers" on the internet.
I have learned that those closest to you can do the most damage.
I have learned I must stand on my own
I am still learning not to cling to the ones I love
I have learned about death and life
I have learned about fear
But I have learned that I can't let fear stop my voice
I have mostly learned that I will never know enough.

No comments: