Monday, June 22, 2009

Holding On

I refuse to go under. The last couple days I have felt like there was a tsunami coming and it definitely did. I ate out twice at restaurants I thought would work, but didn't, performed an a concert with a ginormous audience all without a huge breakdown. Dad switched spots with me so that I could sit by someone I know during our wait during the first half of the concert. He also held my hand and helped me sort of dash out of the emptying auditorium. That milling around and general chaos is not easy for me to handle.

I will also say that I am pissed that one of my favorite restaurants in St. Helens is not South Beach friendly. We went there as a family and there weren't any dressings or condiments I could make into a dressing on a salad. I could have don't some type of omelet but I am a hash brown junkie so it would have been difficult to turn that down. So I went with an asian chicken salad figuring I could handle a bit of a salad dressing no-no. It was HORRIBLE, the dressing was watery and flavorless, the grilled chicken I had requested instead of the breaded tenderloin was dry, and the lettuce was browning. They comped me something else, but by that time I was so pissed I just got a Cobb salad and said to heck with it. Pig n Pancake is also not that great although once I'm off phase one it will be alot better, they offer buckwheat pancakes and have a large variety of omelets. I think I will be eat many omelets when I'm out to eat.

Today I think the combination of all those things plus the lack of weightloss, and my inability to exercise hit me pretty hard. I felt like I was drowning all day. I wasnted to go for another hike today, even though it's cloudy, but the extreme chafing(chub-rub)on my inner thighs makes even walking around the house painful. I will be going shopping for better exercise clothes this week. I think that will make it better so that I can get hiking again, once I heal.

Thanks to all of those who are supporting me through all of this. I could not do it without you. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl. You haven't had any weight loss? You know, you should keep a food diary over at FitDay.com and see how you're doing on caloric and sodium intake. Do you feel like you might not be eating enough? How are you doing on water? I know it can take some time to get that metabolism rolling, especially for us ladies. My weight loss has gone through fits and stalls during Phase 1, and I know it will do what it usually does and come off in 1.5 pound a week increments from here on out. Also, really look into having your thyroid fully checked out. and by that I mean, having them go beyond the typical TSH or T4 thyroid panel. I have had "normal" results on those tests every time I've had them taken and yet I have consistently shown signs of hypothyroidism. Check out this link: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ and see if your doctor will run the correct metabolic tests. Your lack of weight loss, not to mention your mood issues, could have a lot to do with an underactive thyroid.

Kimbolily said...

I have had some weight loss. It just doesn't feel like it. Normally when I start a diet I lose a bunch and then it evens out. But after the first week I was down 2 pounds.

I might ask about the thyroid thing on Thursday, I have an appointment already.