Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Constipation?

It turns out I suck at blogging...I think I already knew that. It also turns out that Maggie was not pregnant! She was constipated and had a cold... So we got her through the antibiotics and on a high fiber diet and sent her back to the Humane society. Now we are hoping they will send us a new cat. One that is actually pregnant! We loves kitties!

In pet related news I got myself a dog! He came with the name Benny but I wanted to give him a name that fit him and me better. His new name is Gleep! Named after the baby dragon from Robert Lynn Aspirin's Myth Adventures series. He is a three year old yorkshire terrier/ chihuahua mix and weighs about eight pounds. He is super sweet! He does have issues though...

His story is a sad one: He spent the first two years of his life outside on a chain. The lady I rescued him from found him at a vet and offered to foster him and find him a new home. He was emaciated and completely matted with nails so over-grown they were starting to grow into the bottom of his pads. He spent the first few months shaking.

He is sorta territorial and will lunge at Koko although he is mostly good with other dogs. He came to me housetrained and off leash trained. We just need to work on barking and obedience. He sits, some of the time, but not often. I will start blogging pictures soon.

I am also joining my brother and sister in law in a weight loss pact. I can't wait! I am ready to be smaller and healthier and I am sure that weighing less and being able to do things will make it easier to deal with my depression

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First point of order: You do NOT suck at blogging. I love reading your writingses!

Second: it was a pleasure to meet Gleep!

Third: Good luck to you both! I am looking forward to all of us checkout each other's progress. :^)